Wednesday, March 30, 2011

" KNOCK YOURSELF OUT", GARDEN RENOVATIONS

That's the answer my petite wife, Karen, said to me when I asked her if I could go "a bit wild ",in my garden efforts in 2009. Not being much of a gardener, I wanted to do things a bit more differently than most yards were. Usually peoples back yards had gardens on the borders. I was now going to "go out of the box". Over the past several years my good friend Ron, otherwise known as "Rabbit", had taught me a lot about flowers. Especially perrenials. THEY COME BACK EVERY YEAR. I usually planted annuals in the spring, then ripped them out in the fall. My other friend, Paul, told me to have a look at his gardens in Auburn the next time I was in his "stomping grounds." I did. I was impressed. I had my work cut out for me to come close to his efforts.Following are 'before " and "after" pictures. Enjoy. We sure do.
I started out on this venture in April and concluded at the end of July in my spare time. The real compliment came when" Communities In Bloom" chose our gardens as one of the three prettiest in our town. These are pictures of the front. In my following posting you can view my backyard efforts.

BEFORE
AFTER

Did you know?: Jack Nicholson has a rattlesnake embedded in his toilet seat.

Did You Know?  A pet rabbit in Xiamen, China, is so addicted to South Korean TV soap operas that she attacks her owners if they change the channel while she is watching. Every night at 10 p.m., the rabbit, Jia Xiaoyu, climbs between the couple to watch an imported drama, buts starts biting the pillow and becoming aggresive if her favorite show, Ms. Mermaid, isn't on.

No comments:

Post a Comment