Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"SHE'S A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY, I'M A LITTLE BIT ROCK AND ROLL"

About us. There are days in everyones life that they remember as turning points. Some are sad such as Hiroshima, Pearl Harbour, 911 or the death of someone dear to our hearts. But their are also those turning points that are fondly remembered and tucked safely away in our minds. The birth of my two children Rob and Melanie, the memories of my fantastic mother and meeting a sweet, pretty, unpretentious 26 year old lady with 3 children of her own, for a coffee on November 26, 1983. Cupid started his work almost immediately. She was divorced and I was just going to start my own divorce. I now tell people not to look for love because it usually happens when you are not looking. Thats when it grabs you by the nape of your neck, slaps you a few times, makes your world spin around and the words just fall out of your two lips like a gentle summer rain. "I LOVE YOU KAREN". I remember it so well. It was not planned. It just came out of its own accord.It was real. We lived together for 5 years and then ,"Tied the Knot" in 1988. I know what they say about a soul mate because that is what we have with each other. I can honestly say that we have not had a fight or raised our voices at each other in over 28 years. We must have got that out of our systems in our first marriages. I know I did. One picture is at the time we met and didn't have "a pot to piss in". The other is more recent. See ya!



 Real-life country song titles:"Feelin' Single and Drinkin' Doubles"
"I Want a Beer as Cold as My Ex-Wifes Heart"
"I Wouldn't Take Her To a Dog Fight 'Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win"
"If You Can't Live Without Me , Why Aren't You Dead"
"Did I Shave My Legs For This?"
"I Gave Her The Ring, and She Gave Me The Finger"
"I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone Than Another Night With You"
"If My Nose Was Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All on You"
"I Bought The Shoes That Just Walked Out on Me"
"I Gave Her My Heart and a Diamond and She Clubbed Me With a Spade"
"You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too"
"Thanks To The Cathouse ,I'm in the Doghouse With You"
"He's Got a Way With Women...and He Just Got Away with Mine"
"I Went Back To My Fourth Wife For The Third Time and Gave Her a Second ChanceTo Make A First Class Fool Out of Me "

The song sung by Bertie Higgins was "our" song and still is . Whenever we stopped into the Bar," El Rancho", that we frequented they would automatically start the song ,"Key Largo",and off to the dance floor we would stroll hand in hand, cheek to cheek, hearts interlinked forever.Enjoy


















































No comments:

Post a Comment