Monday, June 13, 2011

1950 MINISTER DELUX TIN FRICTION TOY CAR

This neat friction car still has the original box.Mothers probably said a few prayers when their kids played with it because the friction works on these toys were very loud. I don't know why they call it a minister car but maybe it has to do with the fact that it was not very ornate or showy. That was probably a sin in the eyes of the congregation. Ironically it is very similar to the pastors car at the Baptist church we attended when I was young. I remember him driving a bunch of us kids to the arena or something and when he made a turn onto Queen Street the rear door flew open and a few of us kids fell out. We were not hurt but I remember him asking us not to mention the incident to anyone. I guess those churchgoers could be temperamental in those days.(those "down the nose looks" they could give you-my old man was a pro at that)Anyway none of us said a thing because it was no big deal to us. The pastor was a really nice guy and his son was a good friend of mine. I don't know what the difference is between a pastor, minister or priest is, but they all do the same job. Some are just better than others.
Trivia: Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini had a weakness for cologne.


Did you know? A Tarittville, Connecticut, man filed for divorce after his wife left him a note on the refrigerator. It read, "I won't be home when you return from work. Have gone to the bridge club.There'll be a recipe for your dinner at 7 o'clock on channel 2." Grounds for divorce?

No comments:

Post a Comment